Tawni helping Sonny to cheat.
|Series||Sonny With a Chance|
|Airdate||March 1, 2009|
|Written by||Dava Savel|
|Directed by||Eric Dean Seaton|
|Guest starring|| Nancy McKeon|
|# US viewers upon premiere||4.1 million|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"You've Got Fan Mail"||"Three's Not Company"|
|Image gallery (10)|
"Cheater Girls" is the fifth episode of Sonny With a Chance. It first aired on March 1, 2009.
PlotSonny and Tawni are working on a sketch called "Check It Out Girls." The two are finally getting along, and are excited about the sketch, even going so far as envisioning Check It Out Girls merchandise, including lunchboxes, which turns out to be a big dream of Tawni's. Their aspirations are shredded when Sonny's mom, Connie, learns that Sonny is doing poorly in math. Sonny got a D on her test, and Connie tells Marshall that unless Sonny manages to pull her grades up, Sonny cannot be on the show. The only way to for Sonny to do the sketch is by passing a major Geometry test. Nico, meanwhile, develops a crush on one of the stage hands of So Random!, so he and Grady decide to buy a snake to scare her and catch her in his arms, after Zora advises them.
Worried that she will not pass, Sonny tries to find a way to ensure that she won't fail. Tawni suggests cheating, but Sonny quickly shoots the suggestion down and recruits Zora to help her study. Sonny, however, is unable to focus due to too much excitement for the sketch, until Zora gives up on teaching her. Desperate to pass the test, Sonny writes down the answers on her hand, intending to cheat. However, before the class begins, the guilt overwhelms Sonny and she drops the act and admits that she was planning on cheating. After the class, Nico and Grady are about to execute the plan concerning the snake that Zora had suggested, however, they realize that the snake is huge and frightening, and they end up making complete fools of themselves.
Both Tawni and Sonny are removed from the sketch after Marshall finds out that Sonny almost cheated and that it was Tawni who suggested cheating in the first place. He decides to make Nico and Grady do the sketch instead, although the characters' genders would remain unchanged. Tawni and Sonny blame each other for their getting removed from the show, until Sonny starts insulting Tawni with geometry. She and Tawni then decide to retake the test after finding out that Sonny in fact learned a lot when she was writing down the answers on her hand. After retaking it, they find out that they passed the test, and are about to go onstage when they get locked outside of the studio. They decide to pass through the scaffolding above the stage, and are about to give up after seeing Nico and Grady start the sketch when the snake that Nico and Grady set loose slithers onto Sonny's shoulders, and she ends up dropping it onto the counter on the stage and sabotaging the sketch. Tawni and Sonny are then able to take over their sketch, but have to deal with the snake.
- Demi Lovato as Sonny Munroe
- Tiffany Thornton as Tawni Hart
- Brandon Mychal Smith as Nico Harris
- Doug Brochu as Grady Mitchell
- Allisyn Ashley Arm as Zora Lancaster
- When Zora was talking to Nico and Grady then disappered when the camera goes to Nico and Grady. You can see Zora walking behind the clothing cart.
- At one point in time, Tawni mentioned their sketch being at the end of the show. Sonny and Tawni run up to the entrance to their show room right when the door closes, which meant that the show has just started. However, by the time the girls climb to the top of the room, their sketch has already started. This either means it took them a while to get to the room , or that particular show was extremely short.
- If you watch very closely during the first "Check It Out Girls" sketch, you'll see the silver jacket that Sonny holds is over her shoulder in one shot, then in front of her in another and back again when she clearly hasn't moved at all.
- This is one of the three episodes where Chad Dylan Cooper does not appear in. (The other episodes he did not appear in were "Sketchy Beginnings" and "Marshall with a Chance").
- This one of the few episodes where Sonny and Tawni help each other out to reach a common goal.
- The episode's name is a reference to "The Cheetah Girls".
- This is the first of four episodes to feature a "Check It Out Girls" sketch (the second is "Tales From the Prop House", the third is "Sonny Get Your Goat" and the fourth is A So Random! Halloween Special).
- Nico jumping into Grady's arms when he's scared is a reference to Scooby Doo when Scooby jumps into Shaggy's arms.
- Interestingly, Nico and Grady would have been the first "Check It Out Guys". In "Sonny Get Your Goat", Dinka would have been the third one.
- This episode features the sketch Check it Out Girls and is a big part for the episode.
- Sonny mentions Check it Out Girls lunchboxes.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|